- Saturday U12's/U14's Advanced and Sunday Autumn / Summer League U11's-U9's will play 6 a-side, 5 players and a designated keeper
- Saturday Mini Matches / Summer Soccer Cup and Sunday Autumn / Summer League U8's will play 5 a-side, 4 players and a designated keeper
- Matches will consist of two 20 minute halves with a 2 min half time.
- Teams are asked to arrive 15 minutes prior to scheduled kick off time.
- Parents can bring their kids onto the pitch, but must then exit and be outside of the pitch perimeter for kick off. Only the coach/manager can remain on the pitch during the matches.
- Matches will commence at the published start time. Teams must be on their allocated field 2 mins before the start time.
- There will be a central whistle for kick off, half time and full time.
- Any delays in your team being ready will reduce game time, the central whistle will override individual games.
- If your team has players away and cannot attend the match, please give GOAL 1 weeks notice to be able to update fixtures, or to help organise replacement players to keep the fixture active.
- Please consider your team if you are away, it impacts on them and the quality of the game.
- Please consider your opposition if your team as a whole do not turn up, it is unfair for them to lose a game.
LAWS OF THE GAME
- Keeper can play as an outfield player but is the only person allowed to use his hands.
- When the ball is kicked out of play, kick ins will be used for throws and corners.
- Standard rules apply for free kicks and penalty kicks.
- A goal cannot be scored directly from a sideline kick in.
- All free kicks are indirect. Referee must enforce the 5m rule.
- No Heading. If a header in the box occurs, if the shot is on target it's a penalty but if it's going wide then it's a kick in.
- No Slide Tackling.
- Goalkeeper can throw, roll or kick the ball into play, but may not kick the ball directly from hands.
- For U6’s - U9’s the referee should allow teams to play out from the back by retreating the opposition team to the halfway line.
- Match referee will determine the difference between free kick and penalty. There will be no actual markings for a penalty area.
- Substitutions are unlimited during the game, but can only be made when there is a natural break in play, and by attracting the referee’s attention. Outgoing substitutes must leave the field of play before the replacement enters the playing area. The goalkeeper can only be swapped at halftime, except in the case of injury.
SYNTHETIC PITCH RESTRICTIONS
- Please note that no animals are permitted on synthetic pitches.
- Synthetic (Waverley / EASTS) players can wear either boots with moulded studs or synthetic / indoor boots
- Grass Field (Double Bay) players wear moulded studs
- Boots with metal studs or screw-ins are not permitted on any surface.
- Shin Guards must be worn by all players during the game. Players cannot participate in the match without wearing shin pads.
- Players should not wear any jewellery or watches/fitness trackers.
- Please do not wear these items to the matches to reduce the risk of them getting lost at the pitch. GOAL is not responsible for lost items.
- All games to be played unless adverse weather conditions make the fields unplayable and / or the council close the pitches. Any decision to cancel a game can only be made by GOAL in consultation with the venue, and GOAL will send out a text message and update the website homepage.
- For non league matches (Mini Matches / Summer Soccer Cup) the matches will not be replayed
- For league matches (Saturday U12’s-U14’s/Sunday League Cup) make ups will be scheduled
- U6’s-U10’s will play with Size 4 Balls
- U11’s-U12’s will play with Size 5 Balls
CODE OF CONDUCT:
All players must comply with the following:
- play by the rules of the game and display good sportsmanship towards all players.
- play as part of a team, to support and encourage team-mates to play fairly and enjoy the game.
- never argue with an official.
- thank the opposition and officials at the end of the game.
- treat all players in the sport with respect and politeness, and not to bully or take unfair advantage of others.
All Parent & Spectators must comply with the following:
- support your team manager and let them be the lead voice for offering instruction and feedback to the kids, it’s hard for the kids to listen to multiple voices and instructions during a match.
- not to harass players, managers, officials or other spectators.
- encourage the children to play within the rules and respect officials’ and coaches’ decisions – no matter what.
- encourage the children to respect the efforts of their opponents.
- to focus on the children’s efforts and performance – not the score.
- coaches/managers must not enter the field of play unless permitted by the referee.
- all parents/spectators must be outside the pitch perimeter.