Corona Virus information
Update July 4th 2021
- We are allowed to run soccer camps during the holidays as a provider of vacation activities and with council approval under new restrictions.
- For the July Small Group school holidays soccer camp, the sports field will be split into 4 coloured pitches.
- Children will be allocated a coloured pitch each day and will stay at the same pitch with the same coach throughout the camp and any trips to the bathroom will be staggered so that groups don't mingle.
- Teams and which coloured pitch they will be on will displayed at the pitch and children should go straight to their coloured pitches with their bags so that parents are just dropping and going. Parents are not allowed to enter the pitches and must leave once kids are dropped.
- There will also be Covid assistants to help and direct.
- Please remind children that if they see friends or a familiar coach in a different group that unfortunately they won't be able to go say hello.
- On collection please remain on side of pitch and the Covid assistants will help sign your kid out and direct your kid back to you. Once children are collected parents must leave the park immediately.
- Covid Precautions:
- Please remind your children not to share water bottles or snacks.
- Any customers showing signs of a fever, cold or flu like symptoms, including a cough, high temperate or sore throat, should not attend the camp
- Please check the updated case locations every morning BEFORE attending the camp on this link: https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/latest-news-and-updates
- Any customers who have been in contact with a confirmed case or has attended a location of concern as per the case locations, cannot attend the camps.
- Please text us before 7.30 am if you cannot attend and we will issue a credit note
- No shows without updating us will not be issued a credit note,
Update Aug 17th 2020
- As of Aug 19th NSW Health have revised the Covid safety plan for community sport:
- FNSW are assessing the recommendations and their impact on grassroots association football and on Football NSW Competitions and is also seeking further clarification from NSW Health.
- In the meantime, for grassroots association football, their initial reading is that the below recommendations are the most important:
- Cease face-to-face social activities relating to community sports (e.g. award ceremonies, end-of-season social gatherings, post-training group dinners);
- Avoid carpools or bus travel with people from different household groups where possible; and
- For local activities, limit spectators to one parent only, where the child requires parental supervision during the sporting activity.
- FNSW update: https://footballnsw.com.au/2020/08/17/covid-19-update-recommendations-issued-by-nsw-health-on-17th-august-2020/
Update July 17th 2020
- As of July 17th NSW Health have revised the Covid safety plan for community sport.
- Important points:
- Do not attend training or games if you have visited Victoria in the last 14 days
- Do not attend training or games if you been to any of the reported case locations listed on the NSW Health website (https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/latest-news-and-updates)
- Only 1 parent/carer to attend games to limit spectator numbers. We are asking other family members and friends to not attend
- As always, hand hygiene, physical distancing and staying home and getting tested if you have any symptoms are vital to help stop the spread.
Class Sizes and Bookings
- Class sizes will be strictly limited during the Corona Virus restrictions.
- Please, DO NOT turn up if you have not booked in online and have received a booking confirmation email (confirmed, not pending) that you can show to the coaches.
- We cannot accommodate drop-ins or make ups
- Only necessary family members to attend training, EG one parent and no siblings at this time.
- Parents to distance themselves from the training areas and to each other.
- Parents and children to wash / sanitise their hands before sessions.
- Child to child and child to coach contact will be reduced.
- Please remind your children not to share water bottles or snacks.
- Any customers showing sings of a fever, cold or flu like symptoms, including a cough, high temperate or sore throat, should not attend sessions.
- Any customers who have been in contact with a confirmed case of Corona can not attend sessions for 14 days since last contact.
- Australian Government Department of Health: https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert
- NSW Government Department of Health: https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/covid-19/Pages/default.aspx
- World Health Organisation: https://www.who.int/
- Australian Institute of Sport: https://ais.gov.au/health-wellbeing/covid-19
- Sport Australia: https://www.sportaus.gov.au/
Our COVID-19 Safety Plan can be seen HERE
The following terms and conditions apply to all activities unless otherwise stated within the specific activities listed below;
- Our sessions will run in the rain, unless the council has closed the parks. If we do need to cancel your session we will post a wet weather alert on our website.
- GOAL reserves the right to request the removal from the session, of any child causing significant disruption or safety risk to themselves or other children.
- Parents/guardians must be in attendance for the duration of the session and remain responsible for their children at all times. You must inform the coaches if you remove your child during a session.
- Shin pads are recommended for all children, and are COMPULSORY for children aged 5 upwards.
- We reserve the right to amend the venue and / or coach without any obligation to credit note or refund the purchase price but will endeavour to give you as much notice as possible.
- If a session is cancelled by GOAL, please contact us to organise a make up session.
- No refund or credit note will be given if you cannot attend the make up class.
- If multiple sessions are cancelled out of GOAL's control due to longer term circumstances such as pitch renovations or Covid shutdowns then credit notes will be issued.
- Credit notes cannot be replaced with a cash refund.
- Once payment has been received no refunds will be provided. No refund will be given if you change your mind.
- If your child suffers a long term illness such as a broken limb, or other extreme circumstances, please notify GOAL straight away. GOAL will consider putting accounts on hold or issue a credit note at its discretion.
- If you wish to change day/time of a class that you have purchased, there will be a $25 admin charge for doing so.
- We reserve the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time. Any such changes will be effective immediately upon posting on the website. You should regularly check this page for any amendments.
- GOAL is committed to being sun aware. All children must wear a sun hat during the sessions. We also strongly recommend arriving with suntan lotion already applied, and to have enough fluids for the duration of the camp.
- If your child requires an inhaler please ensure this is brought along (compulsory).
- I give consent for Goal Soccer Academy staff members to take photographs or videos of the classes, where my child might attend, for marketing and/or publicity use. Photographs/videos taken by parents/guardians may only be used for personal use.
Sporting activities require physical exertion and include a risk of injury. Participation of your child/yourself or your guests is your acceptance of that risk, on their behalf. Goal Soccer Academy will not accept liability for the injury or death of any person at a Goal Soccer Academy session or event.
Goal is committed to safety and will provide at least one coach with a current First Aid Certificate.
- You may attend a trial session before signing up, trial sessions are chargeable. Attending a trial session does not guarantee availability in a class, only full sign up secures your spot.
Wet Weather Procedure
- Sessions do go ahead in light rain if the pitches are safe to play on.
- Sessions are cancelled if the council have shut down the field or if the weather is severe.
- If a session is cancelled, the coaches will text you to let you know. You can then email GOAL to organise your make up session. The decision on whether a class will go ahead is made prior to the session, not the day before.
- Non attendance when a session has not been officially cancelled by GOAL means the session is lost.
- Non attendance to a make up session you have booked into means the session is lost.
- Make up sessions can't be used as credit for future terms and must occur in the same term as the cancelled session.
- Make up sessions will be offered in classes where there are available spots to do so, in order to control class sizes. No refund or credit note will be given if you cannot attend a make up class.
- Make up sessions can only be booked for the same activity as the one which was rained off. EG if your weekly skills training session is rained off you can book a make up in another training session, but not a soccer camp.
- You may book a make up session in any available class in any of our locations, it does not need to be the location of your normal class.
- The website is also set to wet weather alert if a session is cancelled, and you will receive an automated message from us reminding you to book in your make up session.
School of Excellence
- Inclusion at the School of Excellence is by invite only . This does not guarantee inclusion for future terms. Children will be assessed through out the term and we will email you at the end of the block to invite you back for another term.
- It is recommended for the children to wear comfortable clothes such as t-shirt and shorts, and comfortable playing shoes that protect the toes, such as trainers. Studded soccer shoes are optional. In winter jogging trousers, long sleeved tops and wet weather clothing such as a rain jacket is recommended.
- The soccer camp will include scheduled breaks for drinks and snacks. Goal does not supply any food or drinks. It is recommended for water bottles and lunch packs to have the children’s name on it.
- Parents / guardians are not required to be in attendance for the duration of the camp, but are welcome to stay and are encouraged to do so at the beginning of the camp if the child is nervous and would benefit from extra help settling in.
- Parents / guardians will be contacted immediately in the case of an emergency. Therefore we request that parents / guardians remain within a reasonable distance of the location of the soccer camp.
- For cancellations more than 10 days before the commencement of the soccer camp, your booking amount, minus a $30 admin fee, will be offered in the form of a credit note to be used at future camps, coaching sessions and birthday parties. This credit note will be valid for 1 year from when it is offered.
- For cancellations less than 10 days before the commencement of the soccer camp, a refund / credit note will not be given, unless in extreme circumstances such as a broken limb where a medical note is provided. Please notify GOAL straight away and GOAL will consider putting accounts on hold or issue a credit note at its discretion.
- We make a decision on the weather 30 minutes before the start of the soccer camp each day. We will run the camp in the rain, unless the council decides that the fields are not suitable for play.
- If the camp is cancelled we will text you and update the website homepage, and a credit note will be given for the value of the camp day, valid for future camps.
Soccer Birthday Parties
- We recommend that the guests of the party arrive 15 - 30 minutes BEFORE the soccer entertainment begins, in order to start the soccer promptly with all the children involved.
- If the party is to take place in a council park, it is the responsibility of the person organising the party to gain permission from the council for the party to take place.
- Your booking is not secured until payment is received in full. Failure to receive payment may result in your requested date and time being allocated to another party.
- Final attendance numbers and therefore the fee balance is required 1 week before your party date.
- The cost of children unable to attend the party on the day will not be refunded.
- All cancellations must be notified within 7 days of the event. After this time we operate a no-refund policy.
- The cost of a Goal Soccer Birthday Party does not include the hire of an indoor venue or council fees.
- In the event of wet weather before the party, the decision whether or not to proceed with an outdoor party will be made in consultation with the party organiser on the morning of the day the party is scheduled to run. Goal will reschedule your party and will endeavour to provide you with an alternate date and time for your party dependent on coach availability. If you do not wish to reschedule, you can choose between a credit note voucher at full value of the booking, or a bank transfer refund minus a $50 admin fee.
- In the event of wet weather occurring during the party, Goal will consult with the party organiser on whether to continue with the party.
- In extreme weather conditions that Goal consider to be a safety risk, Goal reserves the right to make the independent decision to not proceed with the party.
- The party organiser is responsible for their guests before and after the party.
- At least two adults must be available to supervise the children all times during the party. Goal will not be responsible for any child that leaves the party at any stage during the party.
- Goal reserves the right to request the removal from the party, any child causing significant disruption or safety risk to themselves or other guests. If the request is refused, Goal reserves the right to terminate the party.
- The party includes scheduled breaks for drinks and snacks, however we recommend waiting until the end of the party for the party cake and other distracting elements such as gift giving.
- Goal does not supply any food or drinks.
1 -1 Coaching
- If you need to change days / times of your coaching session, we require 48 hours notice. We will endeavour to meet your request, but cannot guarantee the coaches availability for a different slot other than the one originally booked.
- If the event is to take place in a council park, it is the responsibility of the person organising the event to gain permission from the council for use of the grounds. The cost of booking GOAL does not include the hire of an indoor venue or council fees.
- A non-refundable deposit is required to secure your booking. Final attendance numbers and the fee balance is required 2 weeks before your event date. After this time we operate a no-refund policy unless there are extreme circumstances, in which case please notify GOAL straight away. GOAL will consider putting accounts on hold or issue a credit note at its discretion.
- In the event of wet weather, GOAL will consult with the event organiser on whether to continue or reschedule to an alternate date and time, dependent on coach availability.
- In extreme weather conditions that Goal consider to be a safety risk, Goal reserves the right to make the independent decision to not proceed with the event.
- At least two adults must be available to supervise the children all times during the event. Goal will not be responsible for any child that leaves the event at any stage.
Sugar & Spoon Cafe Discount Card
- Present this card before payment to receive 15% discount off your order.
- This card can only be used at Sugar & Spoon Cafe Rose Bay.
- No alcohol included in this offer.
- Only card holder and their children are eligible for discounts.
- Goal Soccer Academy or Sugar Spoon may amend or withdraw this offer at any time without notice.
- Goal Soccer Academy are not affiliated with Sugar Spoon and will not be held liable for any complaints or issued arising from products or services provided by Sugar Spoon.
- Sugar Spoon will not be held liable for any complaints or issues arising from products or services provided by Goal Soccer Academy.
- This card is not transferrable.
- Replacement of lost or damaged cards will incur a fee of $10.
- This card remains the property of Sugar Spoon.