5 A-side Tournaments
Prior to the commencement of the Tournament, the team application form must be completed and submitted by the team manager. In addition, the registration fee must be paid in full by every child joining the team.
Teams will receive 3 points for a win, 1 for a draw and zero for a loss. League standings will be decided by points earned, followed by goal differential.
Teams are asked to arrive 15 minutes prior to scheduled kick off times.
Teams must be on the park and ready to begin the game at the appointed kick-off time. If a team is more than 10 minutes late their opponents may claim a 3-0 head start.
Teams failing to appear for their designated game will have the game awarded to their opponents 5 – 0.
All scheduled games are to be played unless adverse weather conditions make the fields unplayable. Any decision to cancel a game can only be made by GOAL who will text the team managers.
Each team can nominate their ‘man of the match’ each week.
For the 5 A-Side Tournament there is a maximum of 5 players on the pitch at any one time, 4 players and a designated keeper. For the 6 A-Side Tournament there is a maximum of 6 players.
The match consists of 2 x 20 mins halves with a 10 min half time.
Keeper can play as an out field player but is the only person allowed to use his hands.
When the ball is kicked out of play, kick ins will be used for throws and corners.
Standard rules apply for ‘free kicks’ and ‘penalty kicks’
Goal keeper can throw, roll or kick the ball into play, but may not kick ball directly from hands.
Match referee will determine the difference between free kick and penalty. There will be no actual markings for a penalty area. No disputing a referee decision as the refs decision is final. Remember, even when a ref is wrong, he is right.
Substitutions are unlimited during the game, but can only be made when there is a natural break in play. Outgoing substitutes must leave the field of play before the replacement enters the playing area.
Shin guards must be worn by all players during the game.
Spectators must not enter the field of play under any circumstances.
All players must comply with the following:
- play by the rules of the game and display good sportsmanship towards all players.
- play as part of a team, to support and encourage team-mates to play fairly and enjoy the game.
- never argue with an official.
- thank the opposition and officials at the end of the game.
- treat all players in the sport with respect and politeness, and not to bully or take unfair advantage of others.
All Parent & Spectators must comply with the following:
- not to harass players, managers, officials or other spectators.
- encourage the children to play within the rules and respect officials’ and coaches’ decisions – no matter what.
- encourage the children to respect the efforts of their opponents.
- to focus on the childrens efforts and performance – not the score.
- to stay off the pitch at all times.
- Spectators agree to conduct themselves in a positive manner. Please praise / encourage the opposition as well as your own team.
All managers must comply with the following:
- remember that players participate for enjoyment and skill development, winning is only part of the fun.
- operate within the rules and spirit of the game and teach players to do the same.
- never ridicule or yell at players for making a mistake or not winning.
- avoid overplaying the talented players and understand that the average players need and deserve equal time.
- not to harass players, officials, spectators or other managers.
- to stay off the pitch at all times.
- to inform GOAL asap if you do not have a full team for a match. GOAL will endeavour to supply substitutes to ensure the match can occur
At the end of the match all players / officials of each team MUST shake hands and demonstrate great sportsmanship regardless of win, loss or draw!
If you have any questions in regards to 5 A-side Tournament please contact us5 A-side Tournament enquiry